A new survey out from the software company, Clarizen, states that U.S. employees are spending more time than ever – almost nine hours of the work week -- preparing for and attending meetings. What’s worse is that more than a third of those polled felt that these meetings were unnecessary and a waste of time.
· What do you wish were true about the meetings you attend that isn’t true now?
· Have an agenda and stick to it.
· Start and end on time.
· Manage the people who tend to dominate the conversation.
· Get more people involved in the conversation.
· Make decisions and get things moving.
· Don’t call a meeting if we don’t have anything to talk about.
· Do something about distractions.